Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My absence. And a brief rant about "New Moon."

Yes, it's been a long month since I wrote my review for "Cirque Du Freak: The Vampires Assistant," and since that mediocrity I really haven't seen many movies in the theater. None in fact. So my apologizes for not updating this blog but I just haven't had anything to review! "New Moon, " was released this week (much to my disgust) and it hauled in an almost unprecedented 140 million. The movie just goes to show that nobody really cares what critics say...as long as you have the screaming tweenage girls on your side, you're good. In my humble opinion the whole Twilight series is a poorly written ripoff of superior material (Tuck Everlasting anyone?) and is basically just an excuse to get good looking people in a dramatic love triangle. Of course, brace-faced, screaming tweens, who like to text and hang with their "besties" ate this crap up and made a lot of people millionaires. Yes, Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are smoking demi-gods, but 140 million, really? I haven't been this disgusted since Transformers 2, which I wasted a hard earned 10 bucks on. I implore you, save your money or see something worthwhile, don't contribute to the manipulative delinquency of the American cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment